Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Horoscope Scmoroscope

Play it cool today, even if you're going nuts inside. Don't let on for a minute you're crazy about this person -- clinginess turns them off. Allow things to play out naturally. They'll come around, then watch the sparks fly.

So the closer I get to "relationship" status with The Comedian the more I want to turn and run the other way as if I were the only smart person in any Jason/Freddie movie. You know, cause all the stupid ones die...I don't want to die. Plus, who actually keeps their heels on when they're running from a killer. Not me. I'll tell ya that. Both are getting thrown at the ax wielding murderer.

This is why I am not like most girls. I don't really want a relationship. Sure I like the companionship, don't get me wrong, The Comedian makes me laugh more than any guy I've ever met but it's the simple fact that being in a relationship comes with certain responsibilites that I just don't know if I'm ready for. I'm bad at relationships. Really. Really. Bad. As in "don't tell me what to do." bad. I think it's that whole, I'm done dating other people for the remainder of this relationship thing that freaks me out. And, I know that if you really like someone you should be ok with those things but I think I get a case of what I like to call the "Relationship-er's remorse." Similar to Buyers Remorse, minus the actual exchange of money, unless your relationship involves monetary exchanges and at that point you're either a prostitute or a mail order bride.

So yeah, Relationship-er's remorse. The excitment of the research on your new "product", the commitment to buying it and then the feelings of what the hell did I just do after you get it home and realize that you actually wanted it in green, not fuschia. I know it's silly but that's what goes on in my head. And then there's a fear that someone else will see your purchase and want it from you and steal it from you. Irrational? Yes. I never denied that I'm slightly irrational at times.

No comments: