Monday, January 21, 2008

Apparently I have a penis...

A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesnt believe, and leaves before she is left. - Marylin Monroe

On so many levels this is true. While watching football and discussing relationships last night with some friends I had my friend tell me I had a penis because I think like a man when it comes to relationships and frankly, I do. I won't deny that fact. It's because I'm logical, not emotional. Rational, not bi-polar. But why is it that girls are characterized by emotion, irrationality and craziness and men are considered the logical ones?

Here's the deal. I have worked my ass off to have the things that I have and the things that I do. I have never needed a man to help me with any of it so why should I depend on one now?? Why does my "I can do it myself" attitude mean that I think like a man. I don't believe that just because I'm dating someone we are "together" unless there is an acutal conversation that occurs, which I by the way will never initiate. I just don't care honestly. I haven't put emotion into a relationship in 3 or 4 years. I just don't see the point. If it's going to end anyway then I'd rather it end w/o me having to cry to friends and question what I did wrong. I know I kick ass and someone who actually wants to be with me will understand that I'm not emotional and I'm always busy and they will always come second to my dance stuff.

I shouldn't have to make excuses for myself and why I want to travel the world BEFORE I get married (if ever) or have kids (if ever). And I HATE it when people tell me I'm bitter or jaded. No, I'm not. I just know what I want out of life and I know that I can provide it for myself instead of waiting on someone who can provide it for me...why is that so difficult for people to understand.

The Comedian is starting to show some signs of improvement but i'm still iffy about the whole situation. I don't really trust him still and it'll probably take a while for me to trust him. We don't have a committiment to each other and I've been doing my thing too so I probably won't feel secure in anything that we have until he has "THAT" conversation with me and even then, I'm not sure what I'll say. We have certain agreements which we both respect but other than that, we're both free and have no obligations to each other. AND these are HIS words so why would I think or act any different that what HE said from day one...

All this because my friend told me I have a penis b/c I think like a man...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can't there be more girls out there like you who make things seem so simple?!? wow

Summer said...

The funny thing is that you say that yet, I'm still single w/ really no prospects. Guys are ok with the way I live until they acutally have to deal with it on a regular basis and they don't like it...

Also, I think I know you?? is this true??

Anonymous said...

maybe you havent met the right guy who believes in the same things you believe in. And yes, you do know me! lol, if you can put two and two together.

Summer said...

Hmm - i had a feeling I knew you mainly from the NYE08 reference however, I'm not sure exactly who you are. Another hint would be great...

Anonymous said...

Would love to but first, I think you have plenty of options from what I am reading. Yea none of the guys seem to know what they have in front of them but nevertheless they are options. But yea, back to that hint?!?

"When the clock struck 12, I wish me and the guy standing next to me could have switched places."

That was a give away!

Summer said...

Hmm - considering I don't even remember when the clock struck 12 that doesn't help me at all...

Anonymous said...

ok, ill make it easier. i sat next to you in the cab on the way to the party.

Summer said...

Hmmm - did we take a picture together that night? Your answer to this will tell me who you are for sure.

Anonymous said...

That I don't know. I feel like we did but then again i can't remember. ummm, im all out of hints...

Summer said...

Hmm. And I'm all out of guesses. You aren't who I thought you might be...

Anonymous said...

The question is who do you think I am?

Summer said...

Obviously not who I thought you were... I don't remember who I sat next to in the cab... that was 21 days and a lot of alcohol ago...