Monday, February 11, 2008

With Italy on the horizon

With my trip to Italy steadily approaching I've got a few things on my mind.

One: Where I'm staying and what I'm doing while in Italy BUT I'm pretty sure I have most of it figured out. Pizza. Wine. Bread. Cheese. Gelato. Some ancient architecture and statues. Easy Enough.

Two: How to deal with The Comedian while I'm out of town.

Do I have the conversation about "what's going on with us" before I leave or do I just leave and guess what's going on. The funny part is that I want to know b/c I need to know how I should act while I'm gone. Are we together? If so, I won't act like typical me. But if we aren't then is it free game? I know that sounds silly BUT if I'm not committed to someone and I'm in a foreign country... See where I'm going? Not that I'm a whore b/c that's the one thing the comedian and I did talk about at the beginning. That was our only "committment" to each other. However, enjoying the company of someone else was never talked about and when he asked me this weekend where I saw "us" in a year I was kind of shocked. My reply was typical me "I haven't thought that far ahead. I'm just trying to make it through this week" (slight pause) "I just know I like you and want to spend time with you". His reply was funny, but true. "That was tough for you to say wasn't it...you may have thrown up in your mouth a little." The good part is that he understands how guarded I am with my feelings and that I don't say things I don't mean. I will never lie to him about the way I'm feeling but I probably won't volunteer the information either.

So more than likely I will have to have "the" conversation before I go to Italy, for sanity sake. But I won't like it. AND it won't come easy.

2 comments:

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Centering all activies around food in Italy is imperative.

Mrs. C said...

I just wanted to let you know...I can't freakin' wait to see you here in Italy!!!