Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh how horoscopes make me chuckle

Slowing down enough to let your feelings rise to the surface could make you uncomfortable because it's usually easier for you to fly off and leave issues unresolved. Now, however, you can make a significant emotional breakthrough, but you cannot allow yourself to be distracted. Don't take on any new projects today and, if possible, put off any discretionary emails and phone calls for a couple of days.

This.is.hilarious.

And it's only funny b/c recently I met someone who has somehow made me reevaluate how I look at this whole relationship thing. Those who know me (and those that have read my blog) will know that I've never been a big "go for the gusto" kinda girl when it comes to boys. I've always played the game and tried to have the upper hand b/c honestly I just looked at them as a "for the time being" kind of thing. I never actually missed any of them if they didn't call or if I didn't see them for a few days, it just wasn't a big deal. And now, after a few days I find myself thinking that maybe, just maybe, if I'm going to have any sort of successful relationship I am going to have to learn that I just can't control everything. Truthfully, I don't regret letting any of them go because they weren't perfect for me, I tried to find flaws that made it easier for me to jump ship and even though it was kind of an a-hole move, it may have been the big guys way of saying... "Um, maybe not this one kiddo."

I've (weirdly) found myself not wanting to jump ship and not wanting to try to find flaws that make leaving easier because I don't want to leave. And yes, I'm amazingly terrified of what's going to happen, I'd be crazy not to be terrified... This kind of thing only happens in the movies and then an hour and a half later it's all done with...

So yes, I'm excited. Yes, I'm terrified but since when have I let fear stop me from doing anything...

No comments: