Monday, July 21, 2008

It's official - Facebook said so...

I like how Facebook confirms your relationship… Thank you Facebook for allowing confirmation of my relationship to said individual. Without you I would be totally lost in the abyss of relationship confusion.

Seriously though...?? Really?

I finally got some work done on my house with the help of the rents and the brother-in-law. Put up base boards in the living room, painted the mantle and cleaned out the chimney flue and put up a shelf, etc... So after a trip to Home Depot, another trip to Lowes, multiple 45 degree angle cuts, discovering an extremly dead bird in my chimney, it feels like a home even though I've been there for 2 years. I'm lazy, and I don't have the tools (or knowledge) to do most of it... that's what dads and brother-in-laws are for, right?

The new boy, we'll call him Captain Awesome, came over yesterday as well. I'll give him hella props though. One for wanting to meet my parents. Two for wanting to do it after a nasty motobike wreck on Saturday afternoon that left him with a broken helmet, concussion and a severely injured knee...I'll tell you this much... I would not be making an appearance anywhere except my own couch if I was in pain. I am not trying to win the award for the Strong Man competition.

Captain Awesome however does win the award for Most Stubborn with Hop-Along tendencies. An award I am sure to win back at some point down the road.

And even though Captain Awesome is a little gimpy right now he's still hot, and a sweetheart. This also gives me the opportuinity to take care of him so he thinks I'm nice and sweet. This way later down the road when he finds out I can be slightly illogical, neurotic and irrational I can say - "Hey, remember that one time when..." and he'll forgive me and we can go back to being like 12 year olds.

I wonder if there's a statute of limitations on "Hey, remember that time when..."

I might have to occasionally do other nice things to store in my "Things you do to avoid bad Karma" bucket. It's purple.

And there are different levels too. Remember The Bozo the Clown show where kids had to try to throw ping pong balls into tiny metal buckets...? The buckets at the back had the kick ass prizes...I always try to aim for the back bucket but sometimes the front bucket is all I can reach... and on certain days - the front bucket is enough to get by.

No comments: