Thursday, September 4, 2008

I wish the lottery was my BFF

I have daydreams where the winning lottery numbers and I are playing and skipping in the park and we play a game of hopscotch and then we go for a tandem bike ride... All the while we are laughing care-free with our hair blowing in the wind (cause lottery numbers have hair)... We sit and drink coffee together and talk about boys and do each others makeup. BFs FOREVER!

Then I'm snapped back to reality by the sound of my boss asking me to send her a document that she already has in her inbox. I know this because I've already sent it to her 12 friggin times. Geezus I want to stab her in the eye with a spoon.

I know the lottery and I will never be BFFs because I'm incredibly unlucky, I can't even win at penny slots... My lucky number is 13 - that should say enough.

The Lottery is like the really popular sorority-type chick in school and I'm the band geek. Sure I'll be way hotter at the high school reunion in 10 years and she'll be fat with 5 kids but she's still rich and rich will always win.

On top of that, the cost of gas these days doesn't make it easy to spare any change, especially change for chance.

So to you lottery I say... I am ok not being your BFF however you could at least look my way and smile every now and then. Ass.

No comments: