Wednesday, September 10, 2008

When I die, I want a party

I know it's sort of a morbid thought but it's true. I have never been a fan of funerals mostly b/c they always feel dark and sad and yes, that's what they're for because it's the "mourning period" but who says that you HAVE to have a funeral.

When I die I want a party.

I want a cake and ballons and everyone to be in bright colors. I want people to laugh (and cry) and celebrate the life I lived. I want a DJ to play kick ass music and I want my friends and family to dance because THAT's what I loved the most in life. I want pictures of me with friends and family displayed so that they can remember the good times we shared.

I want people in bright colors because I did not come into this world wearing black, I did not walk around with black clothes and dark makeup. I was not depressed or sad. My life was bright and wonderful and filled with color. Remember me that way...

I do not want and open casket or a casket at all. I want to be cremated and I want my ashes poured into the ocean because my life was not lived in one place, it was lived in many. I travel and adore the world, do not make one spot my resting place for eternity. Release me that way...

I do not want people to be sad that I am gone but rather I want them to be happy that my life was a full as it could possibly be. I want people to say "Geez she was a bitch but she was funny." When people talk or think about me I want them to laugh at something I said or did. Recall me that way...

As much as birth is a celebration of new life death should be a celebration of an old life.

When I die, I want a freakin party...

2 comments:

Ihearvoices said...

how disturbingly morbid . . . yet not shocked or surprised

So@24 said...

I want my body to come down on wires