Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's hard being a single parent

I give my mother an ass ton of credit for rasing my sister and I on her own. Having twins is already a pain in the ass but I wasn't the easiest child. As my mom says, I went from this little, sweet, innocent child to spawn of Satan in the matter of 24 hours. I remained the spawn of satan for a good 5 years. Drugs, fights, vandalism....you name it. All in the name of "discovering my youth" Yeah, the only thing I was discovering is what drugs I never wanted to do ever in my life and that fighting only gives you the reputation as a scrapper. My name doesn't really help people forget anything either...

My mom's cool as shit, and pretty much a bad ass... I'm still afraid of the woman and we're the same size. On top of that, my parents live out in the woods and I'm pretty sure my mom knows how to hide a body. Or, at least that's what she always threatened me with when we were growing up BUT I'm not one to test that theory.

She also gets mad when I tell my dogs to "tell grandma hi" - apparently 4 legged children aren't what she considers grand kids... but whatev.

Although my kids can take care of themselves for the most part it's still hard raising them by myself. I have to get someone to take care of them if I go out of town which isn't hard b/c I have the best sister in the world and she takes care of them. But it kind of puts a damper on all-nighters and sleep overs and that sort of thing. I always have to make sure the pups are fine...

Dang this single parent thing...

No comments: