Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The genius that was Forrest

Forrest Gump said it best "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"

The problem is that I always cut my chocolates in half to see what's on the inside, if I don't like it, I don't eat it... I leave it in the box and hope that someone somewhere likes that nasty coconut filled chocolate and I don't have to eat it.

I wish real life was like that. Where you could ask for a half glimpse into the future in any given situation to know what the outcome might be and if you don't like it you don't have to continue, you can just move on to the next chocolate.

Unfortunately life is not like this. We must "live and learn"...and I hate it. I hate that life takes those that deserve life from us and and leaves shitty people here on earth. Murderers and rapists and the lowest scum continue to live on when loved ones die.

It just doesn't seem fair anymore. I work and work and try to live a good life yet I struggle to find meaning in it. What's my purpose and why haven't I figured it out yet? I know that in time and when it's right everything will happen but I just don't feel "full" anymore. Dance has been the only thing that has kept me sane lately, it's my escape, my muse.

1 comment:

Just Jinny said...

I am right there with you. Nearly 28 and still wondering what exactly I'm suppose to be doing with my life.